Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship 2023: Welcoming Grade 10 Candidates to Register.
Transnet is looking for suitable applicants to participate in their Traineeship programme and develop their abilities and knowledge as future Shed assistants. As part of the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship, you will be expected to provide assistance to the Shedman in the shunting movements of locomotives within a designated loco area. This will enable you to make a contribution to the efficient and safe utilization of locomotives.
On top of that, you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Ensure that both the locomotives and the area where they are fueled are clean and free of any hazards before beginning shunting operations
- Carry out the shunting operations with the locomotives in accordance with Sherman’s instructions as well as the instructions that have been handed down and the rules for train operation
- Assist the Shedman in ensuring that the locomotives and any other equipment that is relevant are kept safe inside the shedding area in accordance with the safety regulations and the trains’ operating procedures
- Assist the Shedman with the positioning of the locomotives by using the appropriate hand signals in the appropriate situations
- After all of the work has been finished in accordance with the operating plan and the safety protocols, the employee is responsible for performing proper housekeeping to ensure that the working space, locomotives, and other tools and equipment are kept clean and neat
- Ensure that the working environment is safe
- Determine whether there are any hazardous hazards on the locomotives, the track, or the above
- Connect the locomotives in the appropriate manner by opening and connecting the buffers, connecting the airbrakes, and connecting the jumper wires
- Locomotives should be uncoupled by first ensuring that air cocks are closed, followed by the uncoupling of air pipes, jumper wires, and buffers
- To check the level of fuel in the locomotive(s) and fill them up with fuel to ensure that there is sufficient fuel and to guarantee that diesel locomotives have sufficient amounts of fuel and sand in their tanks
- To avoid derailing, it is important to properly operate the points during locomotive shunting operations (in accordance with SWP).
For application purposes, please kindly take note of the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship 2023’s Reference Number: 50018470.
Consider applying for the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship; do you believe you have what it takes to be successful in this role? Make certain you get your application in as quickly as humanly can! To begin, though, you will need to investigate the qualifications necessary to participate in the program. Your performance in these areas will indicate whether or not you are a good candidate for the position. If you would want to verify that you meet the requirements, please ensure that you look over the eligibility requirements that are listed down below.
The Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Has a Grade 10 qualification
- Be ready to demonstrate your competence in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the Shed Assistant training assignments in order to earn your certification and begin working unsupervised as a Shed Assistant
- Be ready to submit to periodic medical surveillance as well as safety behavioral risk evaluations throughout the selection process and once yearly
- The fitness of the body, the ears, the eyes, and the mind (to be verified through medical tests and related safety behavioral risk assessment).
2. Work Knowledge
- SANS 3004 (human factor)
- Protective Equipment
- Vehicle Management policy
- Yard and siding layout
- Shunting procedures
- Breakdowns/section work
- Wagon types
- Integrated Train Plan
- Train workings
- Act 85 / 16 RSR related legislation
- Locomotive classes
- Substance Abuse policy and procedures
- Be aware of internal HC policies
- Brake systems
- Uniform clothing policy
- Road/Route knowledge
3. Personal Skills
- Has a good eye for small details
- Organises their workload effectively
- Manages their time well
- Develops interpersonal skills
- Shows ability in English Literacy
- Has sound judgment and resoning
- Works well under pressure.
Apply online: Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship 2023.
If you want to view the website that was discussed earlier, it is strongly suggested that you utilize Google Chrome.
Kindly provide the application website with the most pertinent responses you have by typing them into the appropriate parts of the site. Your entire submission, including all of the personal information you provide, must be correct and in line with the facts of your situation.
You can also submit your application by utilizing your handphone instead of your PC because this method is significantly more convenient. You can use Google Chrome as your web browser if you are working with an Android operating system on your handheld device. You don’t need to install any other browsers on your phone because Google Chrome comes pre-installed on handsets running the Android operating system.
The members of the selection committee, including yourself, will look over the facts that you offer and make their decision based on what they find. As a consequence of this, you need to check the information twice to make sure that it does not contain any false details. Applicants could be put in a potentially dangerous situation if there is any indication that they are providing incorrect information throughout the application process.
By submitting your applications, you are giving the selection committee permission to use your personal information for the purpose of registering you for the event. This can include things like your name, address, and email address.
All applications must be submitted through the website, which may be found by following the previous sentence’s link. The committee in charge of selecting winners will not consider any materials that have been submitted through alternative channels, such as hand delivery or fax.
Applications for the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship must be submitted before the closing date on 20 September 2023.
Be sure to send in your applications as soon as possible. An early submission can help you guarantee a spot during the registration period. Plus, it prevents any unwanted last-minute incidents, like sudden heavy Internet traffic or missing documents.
Applications for the programme must be submitted before the closing date. Late applications will not be tolerated by the selection committee, and these kinds of submissions will be disqualified by the programme.
Announcements will only be made to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear back from the selection committee within 30 days past the closing date, we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for the programme.
Transnet holds all rights to appoint anyone during the recruitment period. All decisions made by the selection committee are final.
Do you have a question regarding the Transnet Shed Assistant Traineeship? Don’t hesitate to ask! Feel free to send in your inquiries and concerns to the contact person below:
Email address: [email protected]