The University of Fort Hare has been around since 1916, producing political leaders such as Nelson Mandela, Robert Mugabe, Seretse Khama, and Oliver Tambo. If you’d also like to study at this public university, you have two options to choose from when applying.
The University of Fort Hare (UFH) has three campuses, located in the Eastern Cape. The university has a number of qualifications in the six faculties (Education, Health Sciences, Law, Management & Commerce, Science & Agriculture, Social Sciences & Humanities) that prospective students may choose from.
How To Submit Your UFH Application
Prospective students have the option of choosing one of two options when submitting their application.
How do I submit my Application to UFH?
Follow these steps to submit your application online:
- Click here to Apply Online – University of Fort Hare
- In the top right corner, click on apply now.
- On the drop-down, click on ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to indicate if you already have a UFH student number.
- On the next drop-down, click on whether you want to complete an online application or not.
- Read the Protection of Personal Information clause and then proceed with your application.
Alternatively, you may also download an application form that you will fill out and submit to the university. This applies to undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who will be applying to the university.
Online applications are free, however, the manual application is R120 and R500 for South African and International Students respectively.
To receive an outcome for your university application, you need to ensure that you submit all the necessary attachments.
As public universities have different timeliness of when applications will close, it is best to always keep your eyes peeled to make sure that you don’t miss out on submitting your application on time.