Once you’ve started your Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant application on WhatsApp and you’ve completed the step where you submit your personal details, you will then be sent a reference number, an OTP, and a website link to click on.
Here you would have to click on the link and enter the OTP to verify your application. But what happens if you can’t find or access your OTP?
How To Get Your Sassa One Time Pin
Here’s how to retrieve your OTP on WhatsApp to access your form:
- Add 082 046 8553 on WhatsApp
- Send a message saying ‘hi’ to this number
- Once you receive a response, reply with ‘help’
- Then reply with ‘4’
- You will then be given a bunch of options and to this, you reply with #SASSA OTP’
- You will then be asked to enter the reference number that you were given
- Enter the number
- Follow the prompts and you will then retrieve your OTP
OTPs are usually used to verify information linking you to your SRD grant application.
Once you’ve retrieved your OTP, you would then enter it where it was asked and you can then continue with your Sassa application.