The FEM bursary 2023/2024 application information, How to apply, requirements, online application portal, application form pdf download, and application closing date has been published here. Just stay focused and read through.
FEM is committed to developing the skills of individuals who express an interest to study towards qualifications that will contribute to our sector i.e. Faculty of Engineering & the Built Environment and the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Students must be performing well academically and should be in good financial standing with the University. The bursary is reserved for applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and who do not have the means to fund their own studies.
- South African citizens only
- All students must be in good financial standing with their university i.e. no outstanding fees from the previous academic years
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Combined household income must not exceed R 360 000,00 per annum
- Students with a good academic record
- Students who have been accepted to study at an approved institution or a South African public University
- Students must have successfully completed their first year of study i.e. no first-year or post-graduate students will be considered
Required application documents
- A valid South African ID
- Most recent official academic record
- FEM bursary application form
- Proof of income from your parents/guardians, e.g. payslips
- Social grant documentation
- Affidavit if any parent or guardian is unemployed or does not financially support you
- Death certificate of parent(s), if applicable
- Divorce certificate of parent(s), if applicable
Minimum requirements for a bursary
Applicants may be required to achieve a minimum percentage in a subject in order to be considered for funding. This mark can be anything from 50 to 80 percent depending on the subject or field of study.
Terms And Conditions
- In order for your application to be processed, please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form and attach all supporting documents.
- Your Identity Document. If you are younger than 16 years of age and do not have a green barcoded ID or smart ID card, you must submit a certified copy of your unabridged birth certificate.
- Identity Document for parent(s) (Father and/or Mother)/legal guardian of the household.
- Copy of recent payslip, not older than three months, for each parent(Father and/or Mother)/legal guardian. This is for all types of employment or all forms of income for all members of the household.
- If your parent(s) (Father and/or Mother)/legal guardian is retired, please provide a copy of an official pension slip or bank statement showing pension payment.
- If your parent(s) (Father and/or Mother)/legal guardian works as an informal trader, please provide an affidavit signed by them to confirm this type of employment.
- If either of your parents is deceased, please provide a certified copy of the death certificate.
- If either parent(s) (Father and/or Mother) are not present in your life and/or do not financially support you and/or provide any maintenance please provide an affidavit indicating so.
- If unemployed or have no proof of income, the source of income/maintenance/allowance must be provided per individual by means of an affidavit.
- If you have indicated that a dependent in your household is a student, please provide proof of registration from their Tertiary Institution.
- The bursary applicant must be in good financial standing with the university/college and therefore he/she is required to submit a certified academic record from the university/college.
(All the certified copies must not be older than 3 months) Your documents can be certified at the South African Police Service or the South African Post Office.
FEM bursary Benefits
- Full-time tuition
- Prescribed textbooks
- Monthly stipend
*Accommodation and meals – approval will be determined solely at the discretion of FEM.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online for FEM Education Foundation Bursaries
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!